Living In Newnan, Georgia: What You Need To Know
Newnan is a suburb of Atlanta that’s quickly becoming the place to be! With a population of 41,598 and located in Coweta County, it’s one of the most desirable places to live in Georgia.
Whether you’re looking to settle down with your family or are a young professional on the move, Newnan has something for everyone. You’ll be able to take advantage of the excellent public schools, nearby airports (including Hartsfield-Atlanta Regional Airport, only 29 miles away!), and three colleges nearby.
Plus, new businesses and developments are popping up every week – making Newnan an even more attractive place to live! So don’t miss out on this fast-growing community – explore Newnan for yourself!
Overview Of Newnan, Georgia
Newnan, Georgia, is a friendly and vibrant suburban community in Coweta County. It’s situated about 40 miles southwest of Atlanta and is rapidly becoming one of the most desirable places to live in Georgia. The winters are short, cold, and wet, and the summers are muggy. Over the course of the year, you can expect the temperatures to vary from 33F to 88F.
With tons of diversity and plenty of green space, this city offers the perfect balance between small-town charm and big-city amenities.
Here’s a quick rating of the city:
- Public Schools: A-
- Crime & Safety: C
- Housing: B
- Nightlife: B-
- Good For Families: B+
- Diversity: A+
Schools In Newnan, Georgia
Newnan, Georgia is home to a diverse range of school options for families seeking high-quality educational opportunities. From public schools to private schools, Newnan offers a wide array of educational options for students of all ages and ability levels.
Arbor Springs Elementary School
Arnco-Sargent Elementary School
Atkinson Elementary School
Brooks Elementary School
Canongate Elementary School
Elm Street Elementary School
Jefferson Parkway Elementary School
Moreland Elementary School
Newnan Crossing Elementary School
Northside Elementary School
Poplar Road Elementary School
Ruth Hill Elementary School
Thomas Crossroads Elementary School
Welch Elementary School
Western Elementary School
White Oak Elementary School
Willis Road Elementary School
Arnall Middle School
East Coweta Middle School
Evans Middle School
Lee Middle School
Madras Middle School
Smokey Road Middle School
East Coweta High School
Newnan High School
Northgate High School
Hospitals In Newnan, Georgia
Located in western Coweta County, Newnan Georgia is home to a number of high quality healthcare facilities. From the Piedmont Newnan Hospital and its numerous specialties, to the Cancer Treatment Center at Tanner Medical Center, Newnan has much to offer for those seeking medical attention. Those searching for general hospital care are well-served by Piedmont Newnan’s Emergency Department and its range of primary care practices.
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital – 745 Poplar Road, Newnan, GA 30265 – 2.9 miles away
- CTCA (Cancer Treatment Center of America) Atlanta – 600 Celebrate Life Pkwy Newnan, GA 30265 – 2.6 miles away
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital – 1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville, GA 30214 – 17 miles away
- Wellstar Douglas Hospital – 8954 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, GA 30134 – 26 miles away
- Emory University Hospital Midtown – 550 Peachtree St NE Atlanta, GA 30308 – 36 miles away
Real Estate Facts About Newnan, Georgia
If you’re looking to live outside of the hustle and bustle of the city, then consider Newnan. It’s a great place to start or raise a family – with plenty of room to grow. Here are some quick facts about the real estate market to get you started:
- Median home value: $214,600
- Median Rent: $920
- Median Property Tax: $1,374
- Median sold price: $360,244: $164/sqft
Click here to see active real estate listings in Newnan, GA.
Things to Do in Newnan, Georgia
There’s plenty to do in and around Newnan! Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities, live music and theatre, shopping, or great restaurants – there’s something here for everyone. Here are a few of the top ways to enjoy this charming city:
- Enjoy Downtown Newnan: Take a stroll down this historic district, exploring local boutiques and eateries. Market Days are the 1st Saturdays of the month with local vendors set up around the downtown square and it is so fun!
- Chattahoochee Bend State Park: If you’re a nature lover, you’ll enjoy one of the state’s largest parks with more than 2,900 acres of forests and wetlands.
- The Centre for Performing and Visual Arts of Coweta County: Catch a show at this multi-purpose facility, which hosts everything from plays to musicals to dance performances.
- Dunaway Gardens: Explore the former estate of Hollywood actress Fay Dunaway and take in the beautiful gardens.
- Abide Brewing Company: Grab craft beer at this local brewery and taproom.
- Children Connect: A fun children’s museum that is on a mission to engage families and children in the joyful discovery connecting to the world around them through meaningful play.
Why Should I Live In Newnan, Georgia?
Newnan is the perfect place to call home! With a small-town feel, you’ll get the best of both worlds – access to all that you need and a peaceful, tranquil atmosphere.
Start a family, start a business, or retire in Newnan – whatever your goals are, this city has something for everyone. Plus, with costs of living lower than the national and state averages, making Newnan your home is an affordable option.
Search For Your Dream Home In Newnan Today
Are you looking to move to Newnan? At eXp Realty, we offer a wide selection of homes across the city, so you can find theperfect place to call your own. Check out our list of available properties and start planning your move to Newnan today!